You most likely know that VXi is a headset company. That’s how you got here. You may even know that we’re dedicated to delivering the best sound quality in the business—which is why we’re called The Sound Choice. But there are a few things you probably don’t know about us. Here are just five fun facts about VXi:
1. VXi is headquartered in Dover, NH, a town of about 30,000, with a history that goes back to 1623. It’s the oldest permanent settlement in New Hampshire, and the seventh oldest in the whole country. VXi hasn’t been here quite that long, but we do have a nearly 25-year history in the area. And we’re still here. Operations, engineering, tech support—they’re all right here in New Hampshire. Which is just another reason VXi is unique among headset companies.
2. One of VXi’s founders, Dodge Morgan, sailed around the globe. On November 12, 1985, he sailed from Bermuda in the 60-foot American Promise. Dodge completed his around-the-world journey in a record-breaking 150 days, 1 hour, and 6 minutes, and became the first American to sail solo around the world, non-stop. It was an eventful voyage. American Promise was hit by a whale and knocked flat on its side several times by high winds. Dodge even fell overboard once. But he held to his commitment and beat the odds—and continues to be an inspiration to the company he founded.
Photo Credits: The Telegraph
3. As mentioned in #1, VXi is coming up on its 25th anniversary! The company was founded in 1989 with a singular mission: to build a better headset. And here we are, almost a quarter-century later, still doing just that. It’s been an exciting 25 years, with important milestones every step of the way. Did you know, for example, that VXi designed custom headsets for NASA back in 1990? Or that, in 1997, we were the first to market a computer/telephone switch? Jump ahead to 2013, and you come to our latest “first”: the UC ProSet LUX™, the first headset with a built-in LED presence indicator designed to established Unified Communications standards. More VXi first are on the way, so keep an eye out. And if you’d like to know a little more about VXi’s innovations, check out our company VXi Milestones.
4. VXi is a bona fide TV star. Well, sort of. Our BlueParrott™ headsets have been spotted on the A & E's “Shipping Wars”, a show about six professional haulers as they compete to win the rights to truck large items around the country, and, with luck, turn a profit in the process.It’s really the perfect showcase for the BlueParrott line; they not only knock out more noise than any other headset on the market, they’re built to withstand the real-world rigors of life on the road—and “Shipping Wars” gives you a good idea of just how rigorous it can be!
5. And while we’re on the subject, here’s one last thing you may not know: our BlueParrott headsets are the #1 selling headset with professional drivers. Number one! Why? Because they don’t just promise, they deliver. As mentioned above, BlueParrott headsets are truly roadworthy. It’s rough out there, and the BlueParrott line was designed to take whatever the road can dish out. But even more importantly, BlueParrott headsets quiet aggressive noise more effectively than any other headset on the market. Take our latest addition to the line, the B250-XT+. Independent third-party testing shows that the B250-XT+ eliminates 95% of background noise! The competition doesn’t even come close. (See the results of those tests, here.)
So now you know a little more about VXi. We’re US-based, with a 25-year legacy of innovation and commitment to excellence—and we’ve got the products to prove it. Check them out. You’ll see we really are The Sound Choice.